For a terrific South African traditional treat, serve with Samp and Beans.
- 250 ml (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) table salt
- 10 ml (2 tsp) butter or margarine
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh mixed herbs or 5 ml (1 tsp) dried
- 1 extra-large egg, beaten
- 43 ml (3 tbsp) Spur Sweet Chilli Dressing
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) milk
Sift flour and salt together. Rub in until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add herbs.
Whisk egg, Spur Sweet Chilli Dressing and milk together. Mix lightly into flour until just combined.
Place a tablespoon of mixture on top of meat in pot. Cover with lid and do not remove lid for 12 minutes to allow dumplings to cook.