It’s the perfect weather for a braai. Get the feast started with these mushrooms stuffed with boerewors. A great way to start the party.
- 250 g boerewors, removed from casings
- 12 Portabellini mushrooms, cleaned, stalks removed and reserved
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 150 g full-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat oven to 200°C.
In the meantime, heat coconut oil in a pan and brown the wors mince, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
Finely chop the mushroom stalks and add to the pan with the chilli. Cook for 5 minutes more.
Stir in the cream cheese and parsley and taste for seasoning.
Pack into the 12 mushroom caps, place into oven and bake for 8 - 10 minutes, until browned and bubbling.