A healthy lunch, dinner or snack. Plus, you can create your own unique take on this recipe by using vegetables of your choice.
- 200 g quinoa
- About 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 500 g sweet potato, peeled
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 red or green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large aubergine (brinjal), cut in cubes
- 4 baby marrows (courgettes), cut in slices
- 125 g cherry tomatoes
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 125 ml (½ cup) Spur Sweet ‘n Sticky Marinade
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fresh lemon juice
- 3 ml (½ tsp) light soy sauce
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Spice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Rinse quinoa under running water. Drain well. Put the quinoa, water and salt in a large pot. Boil for about 15 minutes until the quinoa has absorbed all the water.
Sauce: Mix all the ingredients together with the rosemary and stir through the vegetables in pan.
Roasted Veggies: Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Cut sweet potato into small cubes and place in a large oven pan. Peel and halve the onions, cut into wedges and add to the pan along with the chopped pepper, aubergine, baby marrows and cherry tomatoes. Mix together.
Roast vegetables for about 30 minutes until soft and starting to brown.
Substitute the sweet potato with pumpkin or butternut.
Substitute vegetables with any other of choice, such as cauliflower or broccoli.