We decided to test our Air Fryer for this recipe. It worked like a charm, the Seafood Bites kept their shape, whereas when we fried them in oil, they were inclined to break up.
- 200 g raw peeled prawns, frozen
- 200 g fresh or frozen hake, filleted and skinned
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Ina Paarman’s Potato Spice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) roughly chopped parsley
- 25 g Ina Paarman’s Liquid Fish Stock
- 1 egg
- Ina Paarman’s Poultry Stuffing Mix or Panko bread crumbs
- canola oil for deep frying
- Ina Paarman’s Herb Salad Dressing or Chipotle Marinade & Baste
- lemon wedges and parsley for garnishing
Defrost the prawns and fish, blot off any water and season with Chilli & Garlic Seasoning and add lemon zest.
Boil the potatoes until soft, drain and season with Potato Spice.
In a food processor chop garlic, spring onions and parsley.
Add the cooked potatoes, prawns, hake, Fish Stock and egg.
Chop until blended but still reasonably coarse, do not over blend.
Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
Decant the Stuffing Mix onto baking paper.
Roll balls into the stuffing mix.
Chill in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
Brush with a little oil and cook in two batches in the Air Fryer, for 10 -15 minutes or bake in a 190C oven for 15 minutes.
Serve with a dipping sauce and lemon wedges and garnish with parsley.
If Stuffing Mix isn’t available, use Panko breadcrumbs. The prawns can be replaced with 200g hake.