A spicy and sweet flavour takes these wings to the next level.
- 12 chicken wings
- 200 ml (¾ cup) Spur Hickory Basting
- 125 ml (½ cup) cranberry sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) grated lemon rind
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) Spur Smokey BBQ Spice
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste
Place chicken wings in a container.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour over wings. Cover and leave to marinate in fridge for about 4 hours, or overnight if preferred.
Place wings on grid over moderate coals or under oven grill. Grill for 12–15 minutes until golden brown. Turn frequently and baste with sauce.
For a spicy marinade, add: 3 ml (½ tsp) ground cumin, 2 ml (¼ tsp) ground ginger and 2 ml (¼ tsp) ground cinnamon.