Easy budget-friendly meal to feed a crowd.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Sunflower oil
- 600 g Lean beef mince
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet
- 500 ml (2 Cups) Rhodes Quality Mild & Spicy Chakalaka
- 8 Hamburger Buns
- Softened butter for spreading
- 8 Cheddar cheese slices
- 250 ml (1 Cup) Grated mozzarella cheese
Fry the onion in the oil until soft and golden.
Add the beef mince and brown lightly.
Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and the Rhodes Quality Mild & Spicy Chakalaka.
Simmer for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Slice the hamburger buns in half and place the bottoms on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
Butter the buns.
Add a slice of cheddar cheese to each bun and top with a spoonful of the Chakalaka mince.
Top with grated mozzarella cheese.
Close the buns and brush the tops of the buns with a little butter.
Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for ten minutes or until the cheese is melted and the buns heated through.