This classic, timeless rubs makes a great addition to any steak.
- 10 ml (2 tsp) olive or cooking oil
- 2 x 300 g rump or sirloin steak
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chilli powder or crushed dried chillies
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) light brown sugar
- 3 ml (½ tsp) ground cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garlic salt
- 8 ml (1 1/2 tsp) Spur Smoky BBQ Spice
- 2 ml (¼ tsp) salt
Rub oil on each side of the steaks.
Mix remaining ingredients together and rub the seasoning mixture into oiled steaks.
Place steaks over moderate coals or a hot griddle and grill for 4–5 minutes per side for medium-done. Serve with baked potato, wedges or salad of choice.