Pineapple, sherry, ginger - all these lovely flavours combined to create a delicious vegetarian meal. It also creates a scrumpious base for a meaty dish - simply add chicken, beef or pork strips.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cooking oil
- 280g tofu, cut into cubes
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Spur Durky Sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) sesame seeds
- 2 leeks, sliced or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 red or green peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 100g fresh spinach or kale leaves, coarsely chopped
- 125g button mushrooms, sliced
- 440g can pineapple pieces, drained and juice reserved
- 3ml (½ tsp) Spur Lemon & Peri Peri Spice
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh ginger root or 2 ml (¼ tsp) ground
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) light brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 80 ml pineapple juice from can
- 80 ml Spur Sweet ‘n Sticky Marinade
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sherry or port (optional)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) soy sauce
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cornflour
Heat half of oil in a heavy-based pan or wok. Add the tofu, Spur Durky Sauce and sesame seeds. Gently fry until light brown, remove tofu from pan and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in pan. Add all the remaining ingredients and fry for about 2 minutes until starting to soften.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour over vegetables in the pan. Stir-fry for a few minutes. Spoon in a serving dish and top with tofu.
Add 60g pasta or noodles of choice.